- Boycott the RIAA and stay informed. (Thanks Retina!)
- Federal Communications Commission Adopts Hollywood Tech Mandate: The FCC has decided that the way to get Americans to adopt digital TV is to make it cost more and do less... Slashdot too.
- US downloads beat CD sales: Some 7.7 million tracks were bought and downloaded since the end of June - compared with four million CD singles sold, Billboard magazine reported... digital sales had a "symbolic significance" because they marked the music industry's move to digital operations
(Industry's move???? Yeah, right! A move that so far has required kicking and screaming and suing.)
- Red Hat: Stick with Windows at home: LOL, saw somebody call Fedora, "Fudora".
- Novell Announces Agreement to Acquire Leading Enterprise Linux Technology Company SUSE LINUX: Things only get stranger.
- IBM's patience runs out on SCO: And with SCO in the other camp, ACK!
- So what's left? Mandrake, Debian, Knoppix, Gnoppix, FreeBSD (yes, not Linux, but Free and *nix-ish)
- Things of the Past: Damn! Never saw those free computers. Hmmm, wonder what happened to the owners of them?
- Plot was Guy-normous: What if Guy Fawkes' plan succeeded. Sounds like an interesting alternate history story.