Shrimp and Sausage WrapsBy a popular request, here are the wraps I made to go with the Kiwi Apple Salsa (below).
- 2-3 tablespoons peanut oil (or other vegatable oil)
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 andouille sausage, diced
- 1 tablespoon Patak's Hot Curry Paste (cumin, curry, or chili powder will do)
- 1½ cups rice (make with chicken broth)
- 12 (½lb) raw medium sized shrimp, de-veined and de-tailed
- Kiwi Apple Salasa (my homemade salsa) or any other sweet & spicy salasa
- Saute bell pepper, onion, and sausage in oil.
- Mix in curry, rice, and shrimp; saute until shrimp is done.
- Serve on warm tortillas with salsa.