Tuesday, May 04, 2004

How am I doing?
I've been getting this question a lot, so here we go.

I'm moving around decently with the walker. One or two naps a day are norm, plus 10+ hours of sleep a night. Eating very well, thank you. My body is definitely in healing mode. I eat standing at my kitchen counter, and I get up and move around once an hour else body parts go to sleep. I try to remember to drink lots of water and am doing a decent job of it.

I am a pro now at getting up and sitting down. My Ikea chair with ottoman is now at my desk. Now only if I could type at my usual speeds. Guess I'll just have to get used to it. (Five weeks for hand splint?) The dressings on my leg are changed once a day. I should be getting my staples/sutures removed in the next day or so.

Last Sunday mom and I made a trip to Target. (Crash and burn zzzzzzzz after that adventure.)

Yes, she has now seen the first two movies of LOTR and very much liked them. Onward to "A Fish Called Wanda" and other DVDs in my collection. She's also reading Benjamin Franklin : An American Life by Walter Isaacson. It's a good read, lots of great insight on colonial American life.

MommaGin (aka BynkMom) has been VERY helpful. I am glad she is here. She deserves something special for Momma's Day, hmmmmmm.

No comments: