- How Microsoft's Misunderstanding of Open Source Hurts Us All: Microsoft just doesn't get open source. Or maybe they get it all too well. But you knew that didn't you? Though it seems that Cringley left out something. Though I am not sure what it is.
- Terror Profiles By Computers Are Ineffective By Bruce Schneier
- Swarthmore and Diebold team up to undermine integrity of elections
- 8-Bit Punk: Shades of cyberpunk!! The urge to breathe some genuine fire into moribund electronica has spurred the chip music underground to embrace vinyl.
- Toshiba Adds VoIP to Pocket PC Handhelds: Oh so much closer to digital convergence.
- The Ultimate Laser "Printer": Are 3D fabricators far behind? How about chemical assemblers? DNA assemblers?
- Submerging Technologies: Five That Are Sinking Fast: The best part of this article is the In/Out table at the bottom.
- Will U.S. software jobs head overseas?
- About Identity Theft: Good website.
O'REILLY FOO CAMP
- Inside Foo Camp: One attendee described this month's foo camp as "two hundred people, all certain that everyone else there is smarter than they are."
- Derek's Rantings and Musings: Hmmm: You must be this high to enter? From the comments-- ...But didn't the price of BloggerCon make it exclusive? It wasn't meant for personal webloggers, but more geared toward the politios and academics than to the people who don't need that type of "exclusive" closed environment you provided.
- Foo Campfire/Foo: The UnConference: ...Foo Camp was a sign of unconferences to come. Its always been the case that conferences were more about people than content, and the best content comes from attendees. The free-for-all structure of Foo gave attendees equal opportunity to provide...
- Great pic of the O'Reilly green with tents, and others.